As part of affiliation to Cycling New Zealand, clubs and groups receive comprehensive Liability Insurance. For further information please refer to the documents below.
Comprehensive Liability Insurance Policies for Clubs/Affiliates
Liability Insurance Policy Wording
Cycling New Zealand Affiliation Form - if you are a club wanting to affiliate, or to renew your affiliation, please fill out the below form and return to us.
Please note that affiliating clubs must be either Incorporated Societies or Charitable Trusts.
The Incorporated Society and Charitable Trust structures protect individual members in certain situations and give your organisation the right to sign contracts, lease premises, operate bank accounts, and apply for government grants.
Incorporation of a club means that it becomes a legal identity separate from its individual members. Put another way, the association is considered by law to have a distinct identity that continues regardless of membership.
The benefits of an incorporated society’s structure include:
- the ability to create documents in the club’s name
- the ability to enter into contracts in the club’s name
- the ability to buy, sell, own, lease and rent property subject to the club’s rules
- the ability to borrow money and give securities subject to the club’s rules
- the ability to sue and be sued in its own name.