2021 AGM Notice
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Cycling New Zealand Incorporated
To: Members of Cycling New Zealand Incorporated
Notice is hereby given that the 18th Annual General Meeting of Cycling New Zealand will be held as follows:
Date: Sunday, 23rd May 2021
Venue: Avantidrome, 15 Hanlin Road, Cambridge
All Individual Members (as defined in clause 35.1 of the Constitution) and Delegates of Member Organisations (duly appointed in accordance with clause 24.15 of the Constitution) are eligible to attend the Annual General Meeting along with Board Members.
NOTIFICATION OF DELEGATES:
Pursuant to clause 24.4(b) of the Cycling New Zealand Constitution, the Chief Executive Officer must be notified of the Delegate(s), any Members attending, proxy forms, and Postal or Electronic Votes for the Annual General Meeting by the 23rd of April, 2021.
Per Cycling New Zealand’s Constitution, only the following persons are eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting:
- Member Organisations – Each MO shall be entitled to one (1) vote provided the MO has complied with the requirements specified in the Constitution.
- The Chairperson but solely for the purposes of a casting vote (clause 25.3).
BOARD MEMBER ELECTIONS:
We are calling for nominations for two (2) Elected Board Members prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- Ivan Aplin’s first term is coming to an end. Ivan is eligible and available to be re-elected.
- Pete Roden will resign one year early, effective at the 2021 Annual General Meeting. The successful candidate for this position will fill a casual vacancy term of 12 months and then be eligible for re-election to the Board for a further two (2) full terms.
Nominations should be sent to the Cycling New Zealand Chief Executive not less than 30 days prior, by Friday 23rd April 2021.
ITEMS OF AGM BUSINESS:
Remits, proposed resolutions or any other items of business must be received by the Cycling New Zealand Chief Executive Officer not later than Friday 23rd April.
NAME OF RETURNING OFFICER:
In order to comply with clause 25.6 (Postal or Electronic voting), Cycling New Zealand has appointed Byron Thomas, Sport New Zealand National Partnership Manager, to act as the Returning Officer (clause 25.7).
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS:
- Friday 23rd April, 2021 - Deadline for naming of Delegate(s) and notice of attendance – clause 24.15(c).
Click HERE for the Attendance Form
Click HERE for the Proxy Appointment Form
- Friday 23rd April, 2021 - Deadline for Nominations for Elected Board Member vacancies – clause 21.1(b).
Click HERE for the Elected Board Member Nomination Form
- Friday 23rd April, 2021 - Deadline for notices of motion, proposed resolutions or any other business – clause 24.5.
All actions must be received by the Cycling New Zealand Chief Executive Officer by email (email@example.com), or post to Cycling New Zealand, PO Box 1110, Cambridge, 3450.
The Minutes from the 2020 AGM can be viewed HERE.
Chief Executive Officer
Cycling New Zealand