International Event Entry Process
As the Covid-19 pandemic and the global and domestic response continues to evolve, Cycling New Zealand is updating its position on international competition activities. This was last updated 15 October 2021.
Through its previous position statements, the focus has been on a response to the Covid-19 pandemic. As this pandemic continues to evolve, in some cases the specific risks associated with it has reduced.
Through this process it has highlighted other risk associated with international travel that Cycling New Zealand should consider before endorsing international event entries. This applies to any athlete or support staff (regardless of cycling code or category) who is requesting selection, entry or accreditation into international events where Cycling New Zealand, as the National Federation, has entry jurisdiction.
As such, the significant change in this position statement is that the assessment of risk will move beyond just Covid-19 and will include (but not limited to):
- CNZ’s duty of care and obligations to its riders and staff
- Plans in place from event organisers to identify and control risk
- Advice from MFAT, Sport NZ and other government departments
- Information for www.safetravel.govt.nz
- Covid-19 or other pandemics
- Terrorism, Social or political instability
- The global pandemic environment (including consideration of domestic and global vaccination programmes)
- The ability for NZL citizens to return to New Zealand
- Advice from an independently appointed risk assessment professional
- World Health Organisation recommendations and statistics
- Availability and scope of international travel insurance
For those wishing to travel to an event where CNZ has entry jurisdiction over, the International Event Entry Process (IEEP) will remain in place indefinitely with a shift towards assessing any risk (not just covid-19). It is also noted that this process has been reviewed since its introduction in 2020.
See here for the full updated position statement.
See below for the full process.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com