{{{content.relatedImages.data | image}}}



2018 Cycling New Zealand Memberships
  • Existing members login here to renew your licence
  • New members can join here to apply for a licence
About Membership Benefits
Licence Options International Licensing
Travel Insurance  


Online renewal for 2018 membership is now open!
You can use our interactive questionnaire to work out which licence type is right for you, or alternatively you can click here to view a table comparing licence options. Licences are issued for all Road and Track club memberships, and are valid until 31 December 2018.
Nationality & UCI Numbers
The UCI ID is a unique 11 digit number, which will follow members throughout their cycling life, either as a rider or an official. This will enable the UCI to track each rider's results, ranking and career, or each official's prior races, reports and training.
If you're a citizen of another country and do not hold NZ citizenship, please check the nationality recorded in your membership profile. if it is incorrect, please email us at membership@cyclingnewzealand.nz .
Password reset
You can reset your password by clicking on 'Forgot Password on our login page. Your email address will need to reflect the one on your profile so the 'Forgot Password' function can identify you. If your email address has changed, please email membership@cyclingnewzealand.nz and we'll update your profile so you can log in.
Primary and Secondary Clubs
You can join as many cycling clubs as you like through the online process, but only one club can be your primary club. This is the club you represent at regional and national events. All other club memberships are considered secondary memberships. 
Your primary club displays as the first club on your licence - if a club other than your primary club is listed first please contact membership@cyclingnewzealand.nz  

Membership Benefits

As part of paid Cycling New Zealand memberships, riders receive public liability insurance.
The policy provides licensed riders cover for any damage to a third party property or persons that they are found legally liable for by their actions. This is extended to include whilst racing. 
Please click here to view the rider liability certificate.

Licence Options

Online renewal for 2018 membership is now open!
This interactive questionnaire will help you work out which licence type is right for you for 2018.


International Licensing

International UCI Licences are for New Zealand riders who race overseas.
The UCI Cycling Regulations relating to International Licences (1.1.011) state that the licence should be taken out in the country where you have your main residence, so it is possible for you to be licenced by another federation.
Please note we cannot issue your International licence until we receive your proof of your insurance.
If you're a citizen of another country and do not hold New Zealand citizenship then we need to make sure the UCI ID is linked to your nationality. If you've already received your licence and your nationality is incorrect please email membership@cyclingnewzealand.nz.
Adult Licence (Over 19) Youth Licence (Under 19)
Under 17 and Under 15 Licences Technical Licences
Insurance Requirements Apply for Travel Insurance
Insurance Claims  

Adult Licence (Over 19):

If you require an UCI International Licence to race overseas, please select the International Licence option when joining or renewing online. If you currently have an Adult Licence (for racing within New Zealand) you can upgrade this by logging into your profile and clicking the renew button. You will only be charged the fee difference of $110.
Please note we cannot issue your International licence until we receive your proof of your insurance.
We'll also need you to send a jpg photo headshot and insurance details (see below for insurance requirements) to membership@cyclingnewzealand.nz.

Youth Licence (Under 19):

It costs an additional $55 for a Youth Licence holder to hold an International Licence. Please select the International Licence option when joining or renewing online.

Under 17 and Under 15 Licences

The UCI do not require U15 & U17 riders to have International Licences. By implication obtaining travel insurance with appropriate Medical cover and Personal Liability cover is not mandatory. However, Cycling New Zealand strongly encourages all people that are riding overseas to take out appropriate Travel Insurance for the duration of the period they are overseas, whatever their age or International Licence status.

International Technical Licences

A Technical Licence caters for Commissaires, Coaches, Managers, Mechanics and Soigneurs and allows licence holders to attend International Events in an official capacity. Select "Technical" as your club, and the International Technical licence option when siging up or renewing online. 
Insurance requirements do not apply for technical licences.

Insurance Requirements

In accordance with UCI guidelines, Cycling New Zealand will not issue a rider an International License until proof of appropriate insurance cover has been provided.
According to UCI Cycling Regulations (1.1.022) appropriate insurance should include:
  • Insurance for bodily injury (in and out-patient hospital expenses and medical care,transport costs, permanent disablement, death) and material damages (loss of earnings) in case of accident on the occasion of a cycling competition or during training.
  • Third-party liability insurance for material damage or bodily injury caused to others in the course of a competition or cycling event or during training.
Cycling New Zealand endorses the International Travel Insurance policy arranged by Aon New Zealand and underwritten by Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited and is satisfied it meets UCI requirements. Riders must provide a copy of their insurance certificate from Chubb before their license will be issued.
Riders can organise their own insurance to accompany the purchase of an international cycling licence. Riders must provide us with a letter or insurance certificate from their insurer stating that they hold medical cover and personal liability whilst cycle racing and training outside of New Zealand.

AON / Chubb Travel and Race Insurance

The travel policy arranged by AON and underwritten by Chubb provides riders with a comprehensive travel insurance package that meets the UCI requirements for International Licenses. This cover includes protection whilst training and racing along with cover for your bike again whilst in use (training or racing). This cover is restricted to the period the rider is outside of New Zealand
Click here to get a quote for travel and race insurance
Jason Bodmin – Aon New Zealand
027 237 0490