Cycling New Zealand NTS Round 2 Update

Road & Track
NTS Logo v2

Cycling New Zealand NTS Round 2 Update

 

In response to the latest Covid-19 update, we continue to review our planning for upcoming events to both comply with government guidelines but to also support the wellbeing and reputation of our sport.

Round 2 of the National Track Series was scheduled to take place in Cambridge from the 11 – 13 September.

We have determined that we are not in a position to run the event under current Alert Level 2 guidelines.  We acknowledge that there are alternative ways to manage these groups of people, and we have determined that the required mitigations would not provide the appropriate on and off the bike experience for our riders while supporting the intent of the government guidelines.

 

We are aware that the current Government Alert levels are due to be reviewed by 6 September, however; if there was a change to Alert Level 1 on Monday 7 September this only leaves 4 days for the event organisers, venue, key suppliers, officials and riders to confirm their plans.

 

Therefore, with much disappointment, the decision has been made to cancel Round 2 of the National Track Series.

 

With 40% of the current registered riders coming from outside the region, and a majority of these from the South Island. We acknowledge the continued uncertainty with domestic travel and the financial investment these riders are making to attend, and as such, this is a key reason to make the decision early to allow these riders (and also our suppliers and venues) the chance to amend their planning to hopefully recoup any financial impact.

 

All registered riders will be contacted directly regarding refund and transfer options.

 

Thank you all for your support.

Back to news