National Events - Expression of Interest
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
2022 Vantage Age Group Road National Championships
Please click here to read the full Expression of Interest document.
Cycling New Zealand invites applications for a Host Club or Centre (Host) and venue (location) for the 2022 Age Group Road National Championships. The 2022 event is scheduled to take place over three days with the provisional/preferred date being Friday 22 – Sunday 24 April 2022. Note that Monday 25 April is Anzac day and as such is a public holiday.
Cycling New Zealand are looking for a Host in an attractive location with great riding potential, challenging courses across age groups, suitable event HQ facilities, convenient traveler access, and passionate volunteers to support the delivery of the event.
The Age Group Road National Championships rotates annually based on the principle of the following schedule:
Applications are invited from Cycling New Zealand Affiliated Clubs or Centres in either island although additional weighting will be given to South Island hosts.
Applications should include:
- Confirmation of Club and Centre support (Club and/or Centre President)
- Confirmation of community/council support (does the region/community support cycling events, will the council ‘in principle’ approve the proposed courses?)
- Summary of other events held in the venue/region over the proposed date/period
- Relevant Club/Centre event delivery experience
- Summary of the local support services available to support riders and spectators (accommodation, travel, food and entertainment etc)
- Proposed courses (see Event Courses)
- Proposed event location/HQ (see Event Courses)
- Nominated key personnel (main liaison with Cycling New Zealand)
- Demonstrated ability to attract required volunteers over the event duration including set-up and break-down
- Indicate funding opportunities (council or local trust funding or corporate support) that may/would assist the event (Note Cycling New Zealand will make any applications)
- Demonstrated ability to support the Event Objectives
- Identification of key Club/Centre reason for apply and outcomes wanting to be achieved.
A contract will be issued with the successful Host Club or Centre and Cycling New Zealand will work with the successful Club/Centre on a more detailed project plan and to ensure full clarity of roles and responsibilities is provided.
For further information please contact Charlotte Pearson, Cycling New Zealand, 021 292 0563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 30 May 2021 and should be emailed to email@example.com.